About the MAC Foundation Scholarship Fund
The MAC Foundation Scholarships have been established to assist Black, refugee, and immigrant high school seniors and college students studying Accounting, Finance, Law, and STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics). We are pleased to announce the MAC Foundation Scholarship application is open to applicants.
We recognize the financial pressure that students frequently experience, and our scholarships program aims to ease some of that burden. Our scholarships are intended to help deserving students who demonstrate a strong commitment to their studies and a passion for their chosen disciplines. We provide $1,000 one-time scholarships that can be utilized for tuition and books.
The Eligibility Criteria
To be considered for the MAC Foundation Scholarship, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Identify as Black, Indigenous and/or people of color (BIPOC) or be an immigrant or refugee.
- Currently residing in the states of Nebraska or Iowa.
- Be a high school senior, or college student enrolled in an accredited college or university.
- Be pursuing a major/minor in Accounting, Finance, STEM, or Law.
- Have a minimum GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale (or equivalent).
- Demonstrate financial need.
The Application Process
To ensure that all interested students have an equal opportunity to apply for our scholarship, we have a simple and straightforward application process. The steps are as follows:
- Fill out our online application form on our website. The form will request personal information, academic information, and an essay showcasing your academic aspirations and achievements, as well as how this award will help you pursue your dreams.
- As specified in the application form, submit any supporting papers, such as transcripts, recommendation letters, or proof of financial need.
- Our selection committee, comprised of professionals in different sectors, will assess applications.
- Finalists may be invited in person or by video conference for a brief interview.
- Successful applicants will be notified, and the scholarship funds will be paid directly to their school institution.
- A ceremonial award ceremony will take place at the MAC Foundation’s ceremonial Gratitude Gala and Awards event in Omaha.
Important Dates for 2023
- Applications open date: 02/05/2024
- Application Deadline: 03/30/2024
- Notification of Award: 05/28/2024
- Scholarship Awarded at Gratitude Gala: 11/10/2024
Investing in education is an invaluable tool for bringing about positive change. Join us in assisting BIPOC, refugee, and immigrant students in achieving their academic and career goals. Apply for the MAC Foundation Scholarship today to start your path to a brighter future!
Please contact us if you have any queries or would like more information about the MAC Foundation Scholarship Fund.
Email: [email protected]